[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 14 13:10:58 CDT 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 09:47 , Chad McAuley wrote:

> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> First Bank SD just opened a public beta of their Revolution
>> MoneyExchange service.  It works sorta like PayPal, except they're
>> actually a bank, so your money in Revolution is insured and they're
>> not allowed to screw around with a lot of the shenanigans PayPal
>> periodically does.
>> Better, if you sign up by tomorrow (Thursday May 15), they'll give
>> you $25 for signing up.  And better still (for me), if you get
>> there by going to this post:
>> http://unixronin.livejournal.com/550008.html
>> and clicking the signup button you'll find there, they'll give me a
>> $10 referral bonus.
>

> I haven't tried it out yet, but I know a lot of people on the
> various buy/sell/trade/deals forums I occasionally read have been
> going nuts about this for a while.  Looking back through my list
> archive, I also see that I mentioned it [0] in the UnPaypal thread
> back in February.  :)

The only downside is that a lot of people won't deal with you if you
use something besides Paypal.

I put about 10 things up for sale earlier this year and none sold.

I re-listed with Paypal support and 8 of them sold.

Kinda sucks.

I think ebay should make it easy to fully integrate any kind of pay
system, but of course they don't want to do that.

This is yet another great argument against bundling services and
companies trying to be one of everything.

I went in a drug store the other day that had more groceries than Farm
Fresh, and also sold auto parts.