[geeks] PayPal alternative offering $25 free cash

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Wed May 14 08:47:26 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> First Bank SD just opened a public beta of their Revolution
> MoneyExchange service.  It works sorta like PayPal, except they're
> actually a bank, so your money in Revolution is insured and they're not
> allowed to screw around with a lot of the shenanigans PayPal
> periodically does.
>
> Better, if you sign up by tomorrow (Thursday May 15), they'll give you
> $25 for signing up.  And better still (for me), if you get there by
> going to this post:
>
> http://unixronin.livejournal.com/550008.html
>
> and clicking the signup button you'll find there, they'll give me a $10
> referral bonus.

I haven't tried it out yet, but I know a lot of people on the various
buy/sell/trade/deals forums I occasionally read have been going nuts
about this for a while.  Looking back through my list archive, I also
see that I mentioned it [0] in the UnPaypal thread back in February.  :)

[0]: http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/geeks/2008-February/061477.html