[geeks] [rescue] Small servers (was Re: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue May 13 20:35:44 CDT 2008

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Much of that information is indeed available to the public.  I bought
> a copy (on CD-ROM) of the shop manual for my car.  It had everything
> down to test point voltages and proprietary OBD codes and settings.

Where did you buy it from?  If they don't sell manuals for Mitsubishi,
do you know of someplace that does?
> Of course, I then had to pick up a OBD cable and software to hook my
> laptop up to my car, but I can pretty much diagnose any problem,
> including the electronic ones.
>
> I am aware that some manufacturers don't make that kind of
> documentation available, but many still do.
I took my dash apart to add an ipod kit to my stereo.  (OEM Infiniti
Stereo in a 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor, OEM ipod kit that was made
available for later models.)  While i was in the dash, i must have
bumped, or indirectly pulled enough on some of the cables for the airbag
to cause it to trigger the SRS light to come on on the dash.  After
identifying the SRS control box, and verifying that all the cables were
connected well, i unplugged the battery for several hours, but still
have the SRS light on.  The OBDII scanner shows nothing wrong.  I'd like
to fix it (given that i can be fairly confident that there isn't really
a problem) without paying the dealer to clear it for me.  Any suggestions?

    -Dan Sikorski

(copied to geeks, since this should probably be there.)