[geeks] OSX Desktop rebuild

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sun May 11 20:13:11 CDT 2008

I took the boot hard drive from my mac, mounted it as an external
drive on another mac, and deleted some files from the desktop folder
of my Mac.  Then I put that hard drive back into my mac.

Now when I 'ls -l ~/Desktop/' I see nothing, but when I minimize the
windows, there are a bunch of files without icons still present.

When I try to google for the subject, I see lots of stuff that says
you can't rebuild the desktop on OSX.  What do I want then to fix the
problem?