[geeks] What is a good download manager for Linux

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Wed May 7 23:58:54 CDT 2008

Micah R Ledbetter wrote:

> Ugh, FUCK Sun's DM. It seems to work for me about half the time, under
> either Windows or Solaris. If it stops a download, it doesn't seem to be
> able to restart it at all - I have to completely delete the entry and
> file, and start over from scratch.

I had problems like that last summer.  I downloaded 05/08 this week and
I had no problems - resumed downloading after pause several times.

Can't say about speed, didn't measure.

Maybe they've fixed something since the last time you used it?

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod