[geeks] FYI - OpenSolaris 2008.05 released

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon May 5 18:38:59 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 06:22:11PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> It's being "shipped" as a Live CD, and it installs after starting up on
> the PC - I'm interested in the ZFS root filesystem...

Unfortunately x86-only.

I really wish they had chosen a different name - "OpenSolaris" was really
the name for the Solaris open-source effort, and using that as the straight
name for a single OpenSolaris-based distribution (even if it's Sun's
official one) is just going to lead to confusion.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas