[geeks] Today was a Good Day

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Mon May 5 17:31:24 CDT 2008

On 5 May 2008, at 22:58, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 10:56:19PM +0100, Mark wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for good OS suggestions.
>
> Solaris?

I could do that, but I'm mostly gonna be using it with OSS tools, like
*AMP. These are easier to install on a ture OSS operating system with
a package manager. I guess they exist for Solaris 10 and it is a free
enterprise grade OS, you can't exactly turn your nose up at that now
can you?

Will a PIII/800 with 768MB and an ATA/33 disk suffice for a Sol 10
install?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: