[geeks] Today was a Good Day

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon May 5 17:27:13 CDT 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Mark wrote:

> I've had a fun day today.
>
> This morning I went on a 6 mile walk around the hills here with my
> parental units, really nice warm sunny day and lovely scenery.
> Company wasn't bad either ;)
>
> I also recompiled the NetBSD 4.0 cobalt-mips kernel on my Qube2
> (well, it's a Gateway Microserver technically) to allow the use of
> a FireWire PCI card in the PCI slot, which allows the use of IP-
> over-FireWire and FW400 Mass Storage devices.
> You still have to mount them manually at the moment, so if anyone
> knows how to setup dynamic auto-mounting of HotPlug storage devices
> in NetBSD then I'd appreciate some tips :P The potential as a
> quiet, high volume NAS box is really intriguing me.

Does 4.0 support audio better?  I'd like to make mine into an audio
media server but I can't seem to get an audio card working in NetBSD
on that box.

USB audio would be ideal because then I can add both storage and
audio at once.
--
Mike Hebel

See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!