[geeks] Chinese buying Macs?

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Sun May 4 11:44:49 CDT 2008

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Sat, 3 May 2008, Rick Hamell wrote:
>
>> Not trying to be racist here, but three or four would have been an
>> extremely strange coincidence. Eight has to be a conspiracy. Is some
>> Chinese company (or Government,) trying to stock up on Power PC chips
>> for some reason?
>
> It could just be yet another overseas shipping scam where you get paid
> (or possibly overpaid) with false funds and ship the system before your
> bank makes the correction (thus leaving you with no payment).

Which is the reason I've not gone through with any of them. The whole
situation is too weird.

I did once have the guy from Nigeria send me the check so I could get a
look at it in person. The check said to look for watermarks, but there
were none. Other then that it would have been impossible to really tell
until I tried to cash it.

The guy sent the check registered mail and then started accusing me of
scamming him when I stopped responding to his emails. So I finally sent
one saying "What the hell? The FBI is here looking for evidence in a
Nigerian drug ring! They're looking for you, and they're going to arrest
me in a few minutes!!!"

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog