[geeks] Let's see, that's how many dual socket, quad core ?machines...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri May 2 11:20:13 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 11:08:35AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> An elaborate array of gigabit hubs I suspect ;^)

I don't believe that gigabit ethernet will technically work with a hub
without falling back to a slower mode.

> I suspect they are simply using gigabit Ethernet, as these *appear* to
> be commodity boxes, most likely with dual gigabit on-board, but that
> is just a guess.

Sure, but lots of commodity box clusters still go with infiniband or
myrinet.

I wonder if there is any sort of affordable special connection I could
use for a Solaris/SPARC cluster at home...