[geeks] An annoyance...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 31 22:44:41 CDT 2008

>From: Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
>Date: 2008/03/31 Mon PM 07:07:27 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] An annoyance...

>Here's an annoyance....
>
>I've started a new job (HOORAY!) where I'm doing a lot of traveling.
>
>Many hotel rooms now have nice widescreen TVs, except they're all fed
>normal SD crap (4:3 format) and are setup to "stretch" to 16:9,
>causing all kinds of ugly distortion. Of course, the TVs are locked
>down so you can't fix this, meanwhile everything looks... funny
>(fatter people, buildings, roads, etc.)

You'll see a lot of fatter people in your travels...

I've noticed one in my mirror the other day ;^)

I forget the factor, but it was recently estimated that some extremely high percentage of HD set owners weren't actually watching HD TV. Of course, the percentages were almost certainly made up, but I think there is a bit of truth in that statement...

Lionel