[geeks] Paging software?

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:58:14 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:01 PM, James Fogg <James at jdfogg.com> wrote:

> > I'm looking for a reasonably solid and capable chunk of paging
> software
> > to use at work; we're having severe, intermittent problems with our
> mail
> > relay, and we have this sort of circular problem of needing to send
> > pages via email to let us know that there's a mail relay problem.
>
> I've seen SMS software. I've even seen SMS software triggered by a
> syslog or snmp trap. No clue as to what they were using though.

Work uses a product named "PMDF".  It is a replacement for sendmail and
works well.  Configuration is similar to sendmail.  Their customer support
is good and they use U.S.A. people for U.S,A. service calls.  (Being hearing
impaired, the cadence and accent of a USA-er makes for much easier phone
conversations.)

Process Software - *PMDF* <http://www.process.com/tcpip/pmdf.html>"*PMDF* is
a comprehensive messaging product with years of proven reliability. We plan
to maximize more of its functionality to help us maximize the *...*
www.process.com/tcpip/*pmdf*.html