[geeks] [rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 05:32:53 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Jonathan Groll <lists at groll.co.za> wrote:

> In a kind of freakonomics way it seems to be possible to determine the
> degree of religious fervour based on the number of spelling mistakes
> that are made. My current hypothesis is that the number of spelling
> mistakes increases linearly as the emotional response increases, or
> alternatively it is the sheer number of characters that need to be
> typed to produce a compelling argument for non-believers?
>
> In any case Yeshua/Yehosua/Yeashua/Jesus/Jeu of Nazateth/Nazarth would
> have had difficulty turning the other cheek if he couldn't parse the
> argument!
>
> Yours irreverently,
> JJG

LOL!

my spelling mistakes are caused by many factors.

!.  can't spell a word
2. can't type as well on a smaller keyboard.
3. can't type in the dark.
4. can't type before coffee consumption.
5. can't type as fast as I can think.  (I just scraped through high school
typed case on the speed tests.)
6. can't type when I excited.  This probably covers a lot of what your have
speculated about.

By the way, Jesus, as every name, has several spelling.  Even the experts
have their "favorites".  The fact that the name is used in longer and
shorter forms adds to the issue as well as translation into other languages.

To dismiss an arguement, a proposition, etc., solely because of spelling
mistakes would be like NOT listening to Led Zepplin because Jimmy Page is a
hack guitarist (and person) or because Robert Plant can't sing (he lost his
voice after the second album.  Gee, who would listen to the Who if Roger
Daltry was the selling feature.