[geeks] Thunderbird/Sexchange connectivity

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:17:36 CDT 2008

Alois Hammer wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to plug Thunderbird or some
> email-client-better-than-LookOut into a Microsoft Sexchange server.
> There's no SMTP, POP3, or IMAP4 available, because it's been
> deliberately turned off.
>
> I've found what looks like maybe one viable tool: POP2OWA.  We do have
> LookOut Web Access, so that would, in theory, work.  Has anyone on the
> list tested POP2OWA?  Or does anyone have other suggestions for routing
> around broken management decisions?

There's a few other similar programs mentioned here[0], but I haven't
tested any of them so I have no idea how well they work.  The only other
  thing I can think of as far as software clients go is Evolution, which
is supposed to have good support for Exchange/OWA.  Of course, if you're
wanting to avoid using Outlook on a Windows box rather than wanting to
hook into Exchange from a *nix box that doesn't really help you much.
And there's always the option of just logging directly into OWA with
your browser and leaving it open as a tab.