[geeks] [rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Mar 28 16:21:10 CDT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:34:02 -0500, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> Christ and the Bible. I agree the actions of the RC church are
> unacceptable, and as a protestant, their actions during the Huguenot
> wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew%27s_Day_massacre)
> are totally offensive, and mark the church as being one of the biggest

Hmm ... there was a lot of politics mixed up in that massacre as well
as religion.

> cults ever in existence. But, let's not lump them in with the
> Christians. Their actions violated scripture and hence invalidated
> their claim to being called "Followers of Christ"

I don't think you can blame a modern Catholic for the behaviour of some
medieval Catholics. Some of them are probably more "Christian" than
some protestants.

> To some extent I think there are degrees of Muslims as well. There are
> some extremely peaceful Muslims, and their are violent Muslims.

There's getting on for nearly 2 billion Muslims. Of course the grumpy
ones make better news so we get a very skewed view of the Islamic world.

> So anyway, I know this is OT, I just get irritated when people try to
> lump the rest of us Christians in with the heretic organization that
> is known as the "Holy Roman Empire".

Well it may be known as that, but the Church of Rome has no relation to
the defunct HRE. Probably as many emperors were crowned without
approval as those who were. And they fought a war or two.