[geeks] VMware and CentOS

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Fri Mar 28 08:57:48 CDT 2008

geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

 > Nothing in the logs? You might want to enable sar (yum install
sysstat I think) and it will take snapshots of all activity every 10
minutes, so you could analyze
 > what was going on before the crash.

Nope, nothing in the logs...that's the real annoyance.  I'm not sure sar
may be able to diagnose this but I'll give it a try.

 > Do you have all the virtual hard disk pre-allocated, or do you have
it set to auto-extend? Are you sure both the host and the virtualized
system have enough
 > swap?

I have the disks set to auto-extend.  I'm quite sure that I've got
enough swap allocated (I've given the host 4GB of swap just in case).
I'll see about VirtualBox.

Ido

--
Ido Dubrawsky