[geeks] Entropy

Alois Hammer aloishammer at casearmour.net
Tue Mar 25 16:33:35 CDT 2008

That seems like kind of low-quality entropy, honestly.  It would be
better than nothing at all, but if audio-entropyd works as advertised,
it should be a lot closer to the quality of entropy I'd pick up from
on-CPU or on-ICH RNGs like the VIA C3 and C7 systems have.

I'd be *using* a VIA system core if not for:

a) Terrifying past experiences with VIA system chipsets
b) Ongoing lack of multicore
c) Ongoing terrible integer and even worse floating-point performance
d) Continuing lack of the upcoming Isiah systems, which will probably
only partially alleviate c.