[geeks] P2P Monitoring / Mitigation

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Mar 25 13:17:50 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 08:10:12PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> However Der Mouse is in Canada where P2P "sharing" music is legal. In fact
> he pays a tax on blank media to cover royalty payments.

Determining if the traffic is music versus movies would be cost-prohibitive
(and near impossible?) so it would be easier to just block all/most of it.

As much as I like BitTorrent (Azureus runs on my main system at home
24/7/365), I do believe in the ability to block or throttle it in
situations where it impedes the network access of others such as at a
university.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford