[geeks] Doorbells

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Mar 21 12:20:25 CDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 11:09 , der Mouse wrote:

> If they were selling into a jursidiction where your patent applied, I
> suspect you would find it easy - well, relatively easy - to stop them.

You have to remember, they don't sell directly into such
jurisdictions, there are multiple levels of companies involved in most
cases.

This is done specifically to make it very expensive in time,
resources, and money to walk the chain to the real offender.

It is relatively easy to bring a case against someone for this, but
the problem is that this is only the beginning.

Everything is structured specifically to use the legal system as a
shield.

Due process can bleed you dry and cost you more than you were making
in the first place.

I suppose a lot depends on how good your own legal team is, and how
good they are at speeding up the process and ignoring the decoys.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com