[geeks] Brother laser printers (specifically the 2170W)?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 19 14:55:14 CDT 2008

>From: Chad McAuley <chizad at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/03/19 Wed AM 11:12:32 CDT
>To: geeks at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [geeks] Brother laser printers (specifically the 2170W)?

>What are everyone's opinions on Brother's laser printers?

I have had nothing but good exp. with Brother printers - the first printer I bought, maybe 12 years ago, was a Brother printer and I bet you if I plugged it in right now, it would work fine. It *never* gave me a problem.

I bought a more recent Brother printer for my folks 2 years ago, it was a tiny little thing with a wired print server and USB connectivity, as well as PCL and PS support - I think it was just about $100. It runs great, though my folks ditched the PC (too confusing, too frail), but I convinced them to leave the printer for when I visit with the family. It won't work with their MSN TV unit, but that's OK for their needs.

I still strongly prefer older HP printers (I have a couple LJ4000s and a 5Si MX (for large print jobs)), but I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a Brother printer if it suited a need I had...

HTH,

Lionel