[geeks] filtering out web base trojan?

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Sun Mar 16 08:18:33 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 02:05:52PM +0100, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> Back in the States, I had DNS resolving 8,000 ad/malware domains to
> localhost, my firewall blocked networks belonging to hundreds of rogue
> ISPs/countries, and the anti-spam setup on my mailserver only missed about
> one spam a month.  I felt pretty safe.

I know exactly what you mean - my setup is so finely tuned with my own DNS
servers, proxy, firewall, etc that I'd never consider using anything else.
I could never trust a little embedded "router" with a dicey web-based
interface to do everything for me.

> Here in France, I don't have any of that stuff, and it makes me nervous.
> Well, it would if good wine weren't so cheap here....

*grin* Well, I'm just on the other side of the Channel *wave*

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net     | http://mjturner.net/