[geeks] half-depth 1U servers (link)

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Wed Mar 12 08:41:07 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 07:59:56AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> This is a follow-up to a recent thread about shallow 1U x86 servers, here is a link to a retailer that has some such servers for sale (the "rackable" brand servers are designed for two to be installed in a regular 1U slot):

I can't say enough bad things about Rackable. The company I currently
work for is in the process of RMAing 18 of their 3U storage servers.
This only after going around and around with them for 6 months trying to
hammer out an agreement. We incurred a large amount of data loss due to faulty
drive firmware, faulty chassis design, and faulty RAID card firmware. We were able
to recover some data thanks to On Track, but, some of the data was just
gone forever.

Jeff

--
It's not working because:  It's union rules. There's nothing we can do about it. Sorry.