[geeks] Anyone use this SATA controller in a PC

kevin at pipeline.com kevin at pipeline.com
Sun Mar 9 10:46:54 CDT 2008

Adaptec is a mixed bag, some of their cards are real, but not all.  A few of their cards just use re-badged Silicon Image chips.  It was an incident with one of these cards and Linux that stared my quest to find a decent, hardware based SATA RAID controller.

Helpful info:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html#fakeraid

/KRM