[geeks] HD DVD is dead, long live Blu-Ray!

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Fri Mar 7 13:10:09 CST 2008

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:28:01 +0000, mail at catsnest.co.uk wrote:

> Booo down with dirty Sony, am i the only one that can not bare the
> through of getting a BlueRay player just because (the "evil") Sony
> are supporting it so much.

I'm not sure they're worse than the others to be honest. Look at the
some of the behaviours during the last few years :-

* Paying huge 'backhanders' to encourage studios to pick one format or
  another. That would probably be illegal if they were paid to
  individuals, so why is it any better to pay it to a corporation ?

* Buying studios to ensure you have a large library of films to release
  on one format.

* Apparently selling players at below cost.

Nobody looks particularly clean in this. I dare say anyone playing
clean would have lost the battle though.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 This signature has been rot13-encrypted twice, reading it is illegal