[geeks] Via PC-1

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 7 05:57:26 CST 2008

>From: velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/03/06 Thu PM 12:10:27 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Via PC-1

>On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Lionel Peterson
><lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>>  Yeah, well... I haven't actually put my D201GLY2 in a case yet and fire it up,
>>  I will this weekend.
>
>Any comments on the heat?  There were some notes in the Newegg reviews
>indicating the CPU ran rather hot.  How is the CPU heat sink attached
>on this motherboard?

I left the MB running overnight (otherwise idle), then installed hmonitor software, and got the following temps:

Mainborad - 38 degrees Centigrade

CPU - 40 degrees Centigrade

Temp3 - 27 degrees Centigrade (ambient temp?)

CPU0 Core - 45 Degrees Centigrade

This is in a case with a 60 mm exhaust fan and a CPU "duct" over the CPU. The top of the case is on, so I can't "touch" the heatsinks for a "personal" reading, but I suspect everything is working as it should be.

The system is running Windows Server 2008, 32 bit

Lionel