[geeks] HD DVD is dead, long live Blu-Ray!

mail at catsnest.co.uk mail at catsnest.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 04:28:01 CST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2008 9:13 AM, Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 2008 8:06 AM, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > > For those who haven't heard, Toshiba is pulling out of HD DVD
> business,
> > > making Blu-Ray DVD the new VHS (aka Industry Standard).
> > >
> > > Great - does this mean that now Netflix will carry Blu-Ray DVDs? I
> hope
> > > so, that would get me to join again ;^)
> > >
> > > Story in WSJ:
> > >
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120342115442976687.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
> > >
> > > Lionel
> >
> > I've been on the fence for the past few weeks. When I heard the "news"
> > (denied by toshiba as of yesterday afternoon),
>
> And I forgot to mention, later confirmed.
>
> Francois

Booo down with dirty Sony, am i the only one that can not bare the through
of getting a BlueRay player just because (the "evil") Sony are supporting it
so much.

Fnord...
<-- http://23.me.uk --> <-- http://wiki.s23.org -->
<- -
Mojo Jojo: Excuse me sir, but can you direct me to the location of where I
can locate some eggs for I would like to purchase them so that I can take
them home with me and I can eat them today.
[pause]
Mojo Jojo: And maybe tomorrow.. ->