[geeks] PC Hardware (Power Supplies)

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:25:17 CST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:15 PM, James Fogg <James at jdfogg.com> wrote:
>  The biggest example of this I've ever seen is the Suzuki Vitara and the
>  Chevrolet Tracker. They INCLUDE the 4X4 front axles, differential and
>  transfer case on all models. If you buy a 4X4, you get the transfer case
>  lever and the internals for the transfer case. Junkyards and dealers are
>  always getting requests for the transfer case internals and lever
>  assembly.

My brother was telling me about the Trackers.  Apparently it's why
they have been holding their value so well.  He constantly searches
for Trackers that need repair being sold @ lower than BB prices,
because he can easily flip them to people "in the know", even after
investing time/parts to get them running.

Ditto for Suzuki Samurais--the rock crawler guys love to use them as
the basis for modded competition vehicles (his own is practically
unrecognizable unless you know them well).

I'll have to ask him about the Vitara, he's never mentioned that model.

=Nadine=