[geeks] FC question

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Mar 4 21:45:34 CST 2008

Jonathan Katz wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>
>> SANsurfer.  As far as it is concerned, the HBA is fine, but the loop
>> is down.  That led me to believe that it might just be the GBIC, but
>> i can't easily pull out the GBIC with  it mounted in the rack, so
>> this will probably have to wait until the evening when i can pull out
>> the HBA.
>
> It certainly seems like the GBIC.

Well, here's the latest:

I rebooted the server last night.  After that, SANsurfer would not even
recognize the card.  I went in tonight, and tried various combinations
of different PCI-X slots, cables, and switch ports, all of which left
the only possible explanation to be that the card was bad.
Unfortunately, the GBIC is apparently soldered to the board on this HBA,
so it's time to replace it.  Thanks for your help!

    -Dan Sikorski