[geeks] Traction Avant

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 09:49:04 CST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2008, at 8:35 AM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>
>  > Actually, the Citroen I always liked was the Traction Avant from
>  > the '30s (or was it '40s?)
>
>  The Traction Avant is fantastic. The world's first real mass-produced
>  FWD vehicle produced from 1934 through 1957 (longer run than I thought.)
>
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traction_avant
>  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/
>  Traction_avant.jpg/800px-Traction_avant.jpg

Every year at the Carlisle import car show, there are many Traction,
several convertibles. Very elegant. I've seen there a traction Legere
(light) which was the performance model. Speaking of Legere and french
convertibles, I would love a Peugeot 402 Eclipse too, but when they
show up for sale, they go for the price of a house...
http://www.classicsonsunset.com/vehicle_listing.php?id=52

http://peugeot.mainspot.net/pics/pic074.shtml

The 202, 302 and 402 with their headlamps behind the grille were very unusual.

http://www.return2style.de/duesenberg/artikel/amiolive.htm