[geeks] FYI - crazy offer from Microsoft Live, eBay, PayPal (25% cashback)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jun 30 14:50:38 CDT 2008

Jonathan Katz wrote:
>> http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
>>
>> The terms exclude:
>>
>>  1. purchases that are completed on www.express.ebay.com
>>     <http://www.express.ebay.com/> or www.half.ebay.com
>>     <http://www.half.ebay.com/>;
>>  2. purchases of automobiles or other vehicles;
>>  3. purchases of real estate;
>>  4. purchases that are completed using a third party checkout system.
>>
>> Further, the maximum cashback is $250 "per Online Session" and a limit of
>> three sessions per ebay account.
>>

> Gotcha. They thought of all the loopholes I can think of.

It still seems like you could buy some items that regularly sell at
$1000, but are cheap/easy to ship, claim your rebate, turn around and
sell them on ebay for near the same price, and come out ahead.  Use a
few different ebay/paypal accounts to buy, and sell it all with an
established account that has good feedback.

    -Dan Sikorski