[geeks] rsync type backup for Apple machines?

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sat Jun 28 15:39:04 CDT 2008

On 28/06/2008, at 23:00, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> Oh, then it should be simple. As long as you don't rsync them as they
> are being created. Maybe you can unrar them to one directory and then
> as the last step move them to an rsync directory or run rsync
> against them.

OK, so we're getting closer.  Let's see if I can better explain what I
want...

Completed video torrents are copied to a disk on the media server,
then I want to copy them to the external disk usually attached to my
laptop.  When I have watched them, I want to delete from my laptop and
have them disappear from the media server too.  But it can't be a
simple "delete everything there that's not here" sort of thing,
because new videos may have appeared on the server in the meantime,
which I'll want copied to the laptop.

Does that make more sense?

> My torrent machine, which is also my email server, router, etc, is a
> 1gHz
> AMD Duron with 512m of RAM. It's running RedHat 7 with so many
> upgrades that
> I think the only file left intact is /etc/redhatversion. :-)

So it's not the machine itself.  I dunno, then.  I do know that it's
not a pleasant experience trying to watch videos over the wireless
network here.

--sambo