[geeks] EVE: the new addition...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Jun 17 18:30:05 CDT 2008

Mark wrote:
> On 17 Jun 2008, at 23:05, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Well, I'm not a care bear, I'm more of a rogue.
>> I went ratting in 0.4 on day three in a Breacher.
>> I lost the ship to a real pirate, but not until I had made around 1
>> million ISK, a good part of it stolen from said pirate.
>> The ship cost me 50K, so it was a worthwhile enterprise.
>> You can be generous and still be a rogue though.
>> I will fight for the militia and I've helped other newbies take down
>> NPC pirates.
>
> Gentleman Scoundrel. I like it :)

I think the term you're looking for is "morally flexible"  :)

(thinks:  need a copy of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates)

>> I would also like to see more of the busy work automated.
>> For example, why can't you hire NCP couriers to ferry cargo between
>> stations?
>> If you run missions and store loot in multiple locations, it can
>> take a lot of real time to organize it all.
>
> Contract it out, there's plenty of folks with haulers and freighters
> who run courier missions. The point of EVE is everything is done by
> humans where possible. It doesn't matter how bad the job is there's a
> surprising number of folk who actually do it!

Sounds good.  Shame there's no way to get rid of the farmers.  Farmers
have pretty much destroyed the economy of many WoW servers.

>> Another big one is a decent combat camera.  The current system is
>> not real good.
>> They also need a "next target" button so you can just lock onto the
>> next available target.
>
> The combat is a bit clunky, I must admit. It's something I have always
> struggled with to keep up and keep firing meaningfully at targets,
> because the weapons and targets are always 1-offs. If you could target
> queue weapons on target a->b->c->d then it'd be a lot easier.

hm.  Not sure I like the sound of that....

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.