[geeks] EVE: the new addition...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:14:04 CDT 2008

On 17 Jun 2008, at 19:11, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2008, at 10:02 , Mark wrote:
>
>> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>
>>> "dead space escape point"?
>>
>> Also known as Safe Spots. Basically they are bookmarks in the
>> middle of
>> nowhere so no-one can guess where you are. Can't remember how you
>> make em
>> tho.
>
> I'm working on that myself for some lucrative ratting areas.  I want
> somewhere to run for repair without having to go near a station, etc.
>
> You can user probes to find the deadspace complexes in a system, but
> I'm a long way from being able to run and afford those.
>
> Presumably that's how your agents find targets for your missions.
>
> You can always bookmark deadspace on your agent missions, but I'm
> sure that some people will also have them marked, and it seems
> pirates are the most likely people to mark them.

Sorry about the brief answer, typing e-mail on an MDA Touch is
torturous, even with Touchpal Pro :\

I had a think and I remember now...

As I remember, there's a way to abort a warp jump half way. I can't
remember how you do it, but you can. I can probably find you from a
corpie if you need me to.

What you do is go to a station/gate/belt and set another jump target.
Warp towards there but drop out of warp before you get there. You then
set a different target and warp to that, dropping out before you get
there. This puts you in a deaspace triangle between 3 places. It's
*critical* you don't sit on or close to the path between 2 known jump
targets, or the pirates will spot you on the overview as they warp
past. The more times you move around before you bookmark  the spot,
the safer you will be, provided you don't by fluke or mis-judgement
end up either too close to a station, warp lane, or deadspace complex.

It sounds simple but it's damned hard to pull off with hostiles
around, you never know when you might end up on top of them :\

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>