[geeks] Intel Atom MB - Initial Impressions

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:50:24 CDT 2008

> *Everyone* has problems with VIA chipsets, they suck period. After my
> last VIA-based AthlonXP board died of mystery not soft-or-hard-resetting
> problems, then my dad's identical board did the same (Both ASUS A7V8Xs -

Wow... I knew people hated VIA, but I personally have never had any
issues with them in any of my own machines and I use(d) them exclusively
  since at least '96. When I worked in sales we sold thousands of
VIA-based boards with an extremely low failure rate for PC parts.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog