[geeks] Intel Atom MB - Initial Impressions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jun 11 02:17:41 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 02:42:32PM +0800, 256 at 128.ca wrote:
> are u sure the label was not A*SRock?  they really are crap

A single opposing datapoint -

My gaming system is built around one of the ASRock boards that has
both an AGP and a PCI-E slot.  It originally had an Athlon64 3200+,
but now has an Athlon64 X2 3800+ dual-core chip (at the time, was
the best price-point drop-in upgrade that didn't involve a forklift).

I got it as a refurb/open-box from NewEgg about two years ago, and
have never had problems with it once I flashed an updated firmware.

ASRock is just ABit's lower-end stuff.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford