[geeks] Interesting new PowerPC

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jun 10 16:28:29 CDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 4:54 PM, nate at portents.com wrote:

> Thought some folks here would find the YDL PowerStation (quad 2.5Ghz
> 970MP) interesting, which has Slimline Open Firmware based on
> IEEE-1275
> (Open Firmware) which "enables the initialization of x86 graphics
> cards an
> emulated bootstrap":
>
> http://terrasoftsolutions.com/products/powerstation/intro.shtml

Is it just me or does that case look a lot like an IBM IntelliStation
Pro from a little while ago?  I thought some of the IntelliStation
POWER machines also had looked like that, but either I'm recalling
incorrectly or IBM refreshed that design.  But hey, if that keeps the
cost down, then I'd be all for it.

Speaking of cost, what I can't find is the price.