[geeks] About that Windows antivirus question

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jun 9 10:50:38 CDT 2008

Ok, so I've been running AVG 8.0 Free for about a week and a half now.
Not sure what it's supposed to do *for* me that 7.5 didn't, unless I use
Intarweb Exploithost, but 8.0's resident scanner slows Windows 2000 to a
crawl on an Athlon64/3000 PCI/E machine with SATA disk and 3GB of RAM.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.