[geeks] D&D 4e is here

Sat Jun 7 19:56:08 CDT 2008

> People have a weird relationship with RPG books.  [They're] books so
> they shouldn't become "obsolete", but at the same time they are more
> akin to software (i.e. there are improvements and bugs to be fixed.)

> It was nice that they had the OGL, which allowed various publishers
> to try to fix the problems inherent in the system.

D&D has always been a framework for building RPGs, not an RPG proper
(though with the more recent editions they've removed that wording from
the books, which seems a pity as it tends to lead to rules-lawyering by
players who don't understand the DM's place).  I'm tempted to say that
any DM that doesn't change *something* doesn't really deserve the name,
but that might be a little too strong....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca