[geeks] New small Intel Board

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Fri Jun 6 11:51:50 CDT 2008

> Random thought - I wonder if the "hacked" Mac OS X will run on it? ;^)

Reports have been that on the KPC the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD ISO installs fine.

> Hyper-threading

Atom does have hyperthreading (just as Nehalem will).

>>I really wanted to use my old Games PC as a media center, does anyone
>>think this thing would struggle with HD video?

I'm sure it would struggle with HD video (it is only a 5W CPU).  It makes
more sense for me to use Atom for pfSense than for me to use a KPC,
especially since a KPC has a chance of doing HD, and Atom uses a lot less
power (good thing for a 24/7 system).

- Nate