[geeks] more eBay bullcrap

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jun 6 10:14:12 CDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 17:33 , Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

>>> Not following you here...
>>
>> If they say they are taking money directly and they haven't then it
>> is
>> a scam.  If they have taken the money directly, then it was obviously
>> a real message.
>
> Unless they took the money directly and their message got lost, but a
> scammer's message coincidentally arrived at nearly the right time.

Evidently I'm really bad at explaining things...

The email is from eBay, not a scammer.

eBay sends invoices both to your registered email address, and also in
their website's internal email system.

Both messages match perfectly, and the invoice amount is present and
it exactly matches what I really do owe them.

I don't see how this email could be done by an outsider, unless they
have access to eBay's accounting data and are in control of their
website.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com