[geeks] .hk, .cn, .info considered harmful

Thu Jun 5 11:15:25 CDT 2008

> 	.name - refuses to operate proper WHOIS service, therefore cannot
> 		be considered legitimate TLD

A discouraging number of ccTLDs also fit this test.  Even my very lazy
"the ones I've noticed" list includes three.  (Well, okay, for two of
them, it's possible they're operating WHOIS servers and just not
telling IANA about them, but that amounts to the same thing as far as
I'm concerned.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca