[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jun 3 09:19:10 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 09:02:17AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> No matter how long you wait, a cow/pig will never be human - given a
> relatively brief period of time (40 weeks in the womb), every law I am
> aware of would hold that fetus as human, and protected. (To varying
>degrees based on gender in some location, but that is way, way off-topic
> ;^)

That's way off. 20-21 weeks is enough time in a womb to produce a viable
human. They probably won't live on their own at that age, but if it's
the wanted child of a woman with good medical coverage, it's very likely
to.

In either case, whether it survives or not, at that age inducing labor
will produce a living being.

Ask any woman (or the partner of) who has had a "difficult pregnancy",
they are well aware of the survial odds of children born before 40
weeks.

Geoff.