[geeks] Upper Memory Limit - Java

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Thu Jan 31 23:55:39 CST 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>> Date: 2008/01/31 Thu AM 10:05:27 CST
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] Upper Memory Limit - Java
>
>> On Jan 31, 2008, at 8:23 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>
>>> My guess - every night they send cumulative monthly or quarterly EDI
>>> transactions (invoices/etc) that include every invoice/order for the
>>> month/quarter - luckilly, the software just purges the duplicate
>>> invoices/orders, so nothing is ever lost.
>> Why would they pollute EDI with XML?
>
> (Because it's two, TWO buzzwords in one! ;^)
>
> Beats me, but that is what we were told (large XML files and he's working with
> the EDI group)

If a buzzword is good then two mashed together must be better.

I'm also remembering that Geeks list archives are forever so I'm going
to refrain from further speculation when I'm really talking out of my butt.

But y'all feel free to indulge - I'm learning.

--
Brian Dunbar

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod