[geeks] Upper Memory Limit - Java

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Thu Jan 31 19:09:53 CST 2008

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 08:20:03AM -0600, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>> Hey - I'm just the guy who got stuck owning the server and making sure
>> the application is up.  The smart guys upstairs are responsible for
>                                          ^^^^^^^^
>> brian.dunbar at liftport.com
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I'm sure it's just a figure of speech, but here you are working for
> "The LiftPort Space Elevator" and you have to take the stairs
> to reach the "smart guys".
>
> It might be time for the marketing peopleto coin a new, more appropriate
> phrase, such as "uplift". :-)
>
> Geoff.

Ah - my apologies for any misunderstanding.  The problems I'm describing
are from my Day Job - sysadmin for a mid-size contract electronics
manufacturer.

LiftPort is cool but it's not able to compensate me in spendable coin.

--
Brian Dunbar

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod