[geeks] Interesting low-end MB found for current Intel CPUs

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Jan 30 08:10:58 CST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 3:00 AM, Mark wrote:

> Chances are there's nothing wrong with it, but like I say I personally
> wouldn't use an ECS board, and I'm sure I'm ontthe only one who's had
> bad experiences with them...

The ECS boards we have at work have had lots and lots of peripheral
failures, mainly USB ports, serial ports, parallel ports, and
ethernet ports.  I'm not particularly fond of the ECS brand because
of that.  I don't recall how old the boards were when they started
failing though.  Maybe 1 year?  Maybe 2?  For the most part the Asus
motherboards, and the Dell, Compaq, and HP systems have held up much
better.  The Asus stuff is about the same age and the Dell, Compaq,
and HP stuff is a good bit older.