[geeks] Interesting low-end MB found for current Intel CPUs

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 29 18:30:17 CST 2008

>From: Mark <md.benson at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/01/29 Tue PM 06:06:59 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Interesting low-end MB found for current Intel CPUs

>On 29 Jan 2008, at 23:52, Lionel Peterson wrote:

<snip>

>Hold it there sir, look who makes it - ECS. Don't you remember the
>K7S5A? I'd never use another one of their motherboards if my life
>depended on it after that screw-up-on-silicon...

Mark, I don't - care to elaborate? (I've used other ECS low-end MBs before
without incident, but I also felt I knew what I was getting. I'm choosing to
not go with a $100 Intel MB and instead "cheap out" and give this a try).

THis is what I found: http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/elite/k7s5a/k7s5ap1.htm

Lionel