[geeks] The old certification debate....

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jan 18 10:43:19 CST 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 10:57:12AM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> In my current job hunt I've found a few positions that either require
> or would like a RHCE. I've shunned certifications most of my career
> but find that employers like that kind of eye candy. Does anyone here
> have an RHCE? How difficult is it?

I'm RHCE-certified for RHEL3, got it in '04.  I took the one-week course;
four days of refresher and one day of testing.  Even though I'm primarily a
Solaris person that just dabbled in RH before then, I managed to pass with
a 97%.

>From what I've heard, the SELinux stuff makes the RHEL4/RHEL5 tests a bit
more difficult, but I'm still planning on upgrading my certification this
year.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford