[geeks] ~RE: Mac World announcements...

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Jan 16 16:35:44 CST 2008

Regarding video conversion, specifically to H.264, though I haven't used
it, I've heard good things about Elgato's Turbo.264, which is a USB-based
hardware encoder that can both significantly reduce CPU load and cut down
on conversion time:

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/Accessories/Turbo264/product1.en.html

At a retail of $100, it's not badly priced either (looks like they have
some MacWorld special pricing going on right now, fyi).

- Nate