[geeks] Mac World announcements...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jan 15 22:19:20 CST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 10:46 PM, Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> The iTunes stuff... yawn.  I can drive to the video store and get 1-3
> dollar rentals faster than iTunes can download high quality content.
> I thought the prices were pretty high for something you have to
> download and have less control over.

For me the local video store is more than an iTunes 24 hour rental.
OTOH, I might need the rental for more than 24 hours since we will
sometimes stop a movie in the middle and continue it a day or two
later, and the local video store lets me have it for more than a week.

> A lot of people will be happy with the release of Office 2008, but
> what I'm waiting for is Photoshop Elements 6.0, which hopefully comes
> out by March.  It's been a long wait, but will be nice to have for
> those of us who just can't afford CS3.

I'm pretty peaved about the lack of Elements version 5 or 6 on OSX.
The last OS X version works terribly on my wife Deb's MacBook.  Not
just slow, but also very glitchy.

But maybe in the near future I will buy PS CS3 and stop caring about
Elements.  While I despaired at every getting it because my current
Photoshop copy is too old to upgrade, I recently found out I was
eligible for a discount because of a hardware purchase Deb made for me.