[geeks] Mac World announcements...

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:15:59 CST 2008

> Woo-Hoo! A thin laptop[0], wireless network storage/base station, and software
> updates for the iPhone/iPod Touch[2], and a lower price for the Apple TV[3].
>
> I was really hoping for a faster data network for the iPhone, but not yet...
>
> Lionel
>
> [0]Thin Laptop: http://www.apple.com/macbookair/

It looks cool, but I'm not that excited about it mostly due to the price
point. Although the addition of the solid state 64gb hard drive is really
awesome

> [1]Wireless Storage/Base Station:

I wish he'd gone on more about this. The price doesn't seem bad, $299 for
500gb and $499 a terabyte, plus it's a wireless base station. He stated that
it has "business class" hard drives, but does that mean Raid? Or just "high
quality"? Although Time Machine backs up to it automatically is pretty cool.

> [3] Apple TV price cut: http://www.apple.com/appletv/

Bleh, perhaps it'll push the Apple TV more, it's a product that really needs
it. Personally I have no use for it but I'm sure  a lot of people will geek
out on it.

--
Rick Hamell
hamellr@ gmail.com